Saturday, May 6, 2023

Happy 2023! Yarn Stuff and Life.

 Happy 2023! I do realize its a little over 1/3 into 2023, but it still can be a joyous thing. I know we need that more than ever now. I'm going to just leave it at - life as we know it has changed over the last couple of years.


I'm still knitting and crocheting. Not as frequently as I would like, but still going at it. Most of it are on the smaller side of things (scarves/cowls/gloves/etc vs sweaters or blankets). I was turned onto Kumihimo a few years back and have enjoyed the results from that. I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my knitting/crocheting projects.

Also, to help keep me inspired I've created a knitting bingo card. Some of the spaces are for specific areas of the body (like for your head, for your hands, etc), playing around with yarn (like using only 3 shades of color or rainbow colors only, or play yarn chicken). Some of the ones I'm interested in are the 2 destashing squares (one is for 5lbs and the other is 10lbs) and finishing a WIP (looking at you crochet blanket I started in 2009). I am also hoping to post some of my finished stuff here.


We've been doing a garden-ish thing for the last couple years, nothing too serious, mostly growing tomatoes. This year I was hoping to get some herbs growing. Might not be TOO late for some. Idk. I do enjoy drying herbs and using them in loose incense. I am hoping to be able to create my own incense cones or sticks. I do have some catnip growing and hoping to use it for the cats. 


Anyway....here's to keeping up the blogging!

No comments: