Thursday, June 1, 2023

Fiber Tools

 I've been listening to Fat Squirrel Speaks (a knitting vlog) for a bit now (discovered via TheKnitGirllls) and in one of her more recent YouTube posts, Amy (aka Fat Squirrel) had mentioned a random stripe generator. I found it fascinating in part it would be helpful in destashing some of the yarn I've had for waaaaayyyyyy too long. The blog the random stripe generator is on also offers a weighted version, so that way if you have more of one color you can tell the generator to create more rows of that color (i.e. give more weight or precedence to said color).

That's all for now, I'm still knitting a slouchy hat for myself, testing out a knitted pull over robe that I'm making the pattern up on the fly, and I've kind of stalled on a crocheted virus shawl (mostly because I've been focused on the robe and hat). And this is all in between working, required reading for a group I am apart of, and trying to be inspired to go out Geocaching (the current promotion they have isn't doing anything for me).

No comments: