Monday, February 7, 2011

I Wish I Was In Dixie.....

Long time no post. :) Now I have something to write about!


About a year ago I joined an online book forum for a series called The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. It's quite extensive interms of what it offers for its members - to give you an idea the site (been around for the past 10 years) was recently applying for a 501(c)3 and is now in the process of becoming a 501(c)7, they have two events every year (big, official event in the spring and then a more relaxed one in the fall thats more touristy).


Well, come the begining of March, I'm going to South Carolina for a few days for the sites big spring event! And it's going to be EPIC! It's the 10th Anni (Anni short for Anniversary - not 100% sure why it's called that), there's going to be about 140 people in attendance (maybe more?), and I get to meet the peeps I've been talking to for the past year face to face (only a small, small fraction of the number that are on the site).


I'll be driving down with a couple others going from the area. Great gals. Should be a fun drive.

Now my only problem is trying to get everything to fit into a small suitcase or duffel bag.

No comments: