Well, I was trying to think of something to blog about that involved listing stuff. But decided to write a little about unusual experiences.
What prompted this involved the place where I work an a chap stick I sworn I had lost earlier in the week (quite possibly the week before). It's chunky chap stick (like twice the size of your normal chap stick), and would be fairly obvious just laying around. I just chalked it up to an "Oh well, just get another chap stick".
That is until this morning.
I was getting the front end of the office set up for when we open. Passed through the space at least 3 or more times, this morning alone (not to mention the number times I passed the exact same spot in the last couple of days).
Now to the point of this story. I rolled out the donation box into the lobby and when I came back into the box office space, there is my missing chap stick I had been looking for for at least 3 days, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR.
I kid you not. Right there, middle of the floor, as if to say "What are YOU looking at? I've been here the entire time." Sad thing is, I was the only one in the office at the time. So no one but me saw this.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Arrived home safe and sound from South Carolina. LOVED IT!
"There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met."
Above quote is from the Muppet movie, I can not say how true these words were for this group of people I met over the weekend. There were about 150 people who descended on Charleston, SC for a 3 day conference/meet up/gathering all from an online community based upon a book series called Wheel of Time (by Robert Jordan).
This annual event was celebrating 10 years of being a community and with the hopes of continuing for another 10+.
For being such a short amount of time, and not really seeing everyone, I miss them all dearly.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Every now and again, I get inspired to a Tuesday Ten or Top Ten list. I think The Painted Sheep inspired one in the past and has done so again.
- Flowers - well, not so much for the pollen, but for things being green again. Being able to sit out on the grass, yadda yadda yadda.
- Sunshine - I love the feel of the sun on my skin - with sunscreen on!
- Flip flops - I will wear these if I think I can get away with them
- Knitting - I will knit year round, knit while walking, knit in the movie theaters....ya you get the picture, like flip flops, I'll do it when ever I can.
- St. Patrick's Day - favorite holiday.......ever!
- Iced Drinks - taste so much nummier when it's warmer out
- Farmers Markets - they make their appearance! Love them! Fresh food! Yum!
- Picnics - haven't been on one in ages but are fun! Spring time does herald the grass sitting actives of stuffing your face and thwarting ants.
- Flying kites - I remember flying kites as a kid and loved it. It'll be good weather to fly kites again. (Heck I remember even making a couple kites with my grandfather!)
- Last but not least, people watching. Oh it's fun to watch people. Being in place that draws people from all over the country, let alone the world, it's fun to kick back and watch.