Monday, November 3, 2008

Whistful Thoughts

ON this eve of the US elections, I reflect.

Reflect on where we, as a nation have been, and where we could possibly go. Also, I am reflecting on where I am in my life and where I want to end up.

It seems to me that at this moment in time, it is opportune for change for good or for other means. What ever the intention is, I feel it is hope to better ourselves and those around us, regardless of where we stand politically or why we're voting tomorrow.

I think that is essential desire for all of us. Though it may not be expressed the same way all the time, I think, and feel, that this is what we want, the best for ourselves (and for those fortunate enough, for our loved ones as well).

Though we may disagree on what the "best" is for everyone, it is impossible to have such uniformity for everyone and have everyone be satisfied with it 100% of the time. That is the wonder and joy of this life. The diversity of life. Granted, we may not agree on things and somethings may push us out of our comfort zone, it has been these things that has allowed us to know our own boundaries, our limits, and what gives us the most pleasure in life. Whether its joy from certain beliefs to dancing in the rain naked, life is meant to be enjoyed.

So go vote for the person who gives you the most joy to see in office. Go vote and be happy.

1 comment:

Lady said...

thank you ananda...that was lovely.