- Cake Wrecks is a blog I stumbled upon when I was VERY fascinated with Ace of Cakes on the Food Network (a show highlighting an unusual cake bakery in Baltimore, MD called Charmed City Cakes). The blog highlights, more often than not, cakes gone horribly wrong for one reason or another.
- The Tipsy Baker is a good blog about food. I found this little gem when I was listening to NPR's Open Table. A mother who is cooking her way through a couple cook books and feeding the results to her family. On NPR, they were talking about the hens she is raising, the garden she has, etc. And how she's trying to use non-store bought items (i.e. using the eggs from her hens as apposed to the ones from the store). She even has a bee hive.
- Tough Pigs is one of three Muppet based blogs I read. It's aimed at "Muppet Fans Who Grew Up". It has interviews with the different puppeteers, reviews of different Muppet things (like the one on the main page is of the Muppet Show comic book. Has little updates on different things (like Miss Piggy's appearance on the Wendy William's show)
- Post Secrets. 'Nuf said. Well, a little more about it. A guy in Germantown, MD, about 5 years ago, started having people send him their secrets, sort of as a prank/joke. Now it's a web phenomenon (or so I think). Every Sunday, the blog is updated with new secrets. Also, more often than not, Frank (the guy who does the Post Secret site), posts Saturday Secrets - a couple of secrets that don't quite make the Sunday's cut, purely for space reasons (He limits it to a certain number)
- Mother Cake is a blog of a friend of mine. I like keeping in touch with my friends and following their blogs is a good way to keep tabs on them.
- The Muppet Mindset is another Muppet blog I follow, and it's all about Muppets!!! *Giddy Happy Dance* This one is more of a blog than the first one. This is a little excerpt from the blog about what it does: "The Muppet Mindset is dedicated to providing in-depth reviews of Muppet products, television appearances, and more. We will also feature opinion articles, interviews, and other creative outlets for Muppet fans to enjoy."
- The Muppet Newsflash is the final Muppet blog I follow. What that site says about itself: "This blog is dedicated to informing Muppet fans and Jim Henson enthusiasts all over the world with all the news and information that they crave and desire. "
- Upon the Purple Moor. Like I said, sometimes it's nice to know what friends are doing via their blog. She has another blog for her stage personality, Lyrical Venus, that highlights female musicians, but more about that later.
- It's Easy Being Alone. An interesting blog from yet another friend.
- Lyrical Venus. Here is the blog that highlights female musicians from a friend of mine. Good stuff and good musicians.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday Ten - Only b/c They Have the Same First Letter
Ok. So, I'm going to highlight some blogs I like to read. Please note, this is a non-linear list.