Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday Ten

It's Tuesday. And b/c Ten sounds better with Tuesday (as opposed to Thursday), here's another 10 list for today.

Topic is: Fibre.

Specifically, what I enjoy about it.

  1. Wool yarn - the way it slides so easily over my needles and into a finished object.
  2. Spinning - I *love* spinning my own yarn. I have what is called a low-whorl spindle, making it easier to make thicker yarn - as opposed to thin or lace weight yarns. I am planning to make myself another drop spindle, probably a high-whorl one.
  3. Portable - Alot of my projects are easily portable, making my commute to and from work bearable, watching TV shows more interesting, killing downtime without killing other people. And the upside is I get stuff to wear/use!
  4. Look Ma No Hands - well, more like "Look Ma, Not Looking!". I really enjoy projects that I dont have to look at it to knit it. And some how this amazes people. To me, it's like, do you need to look at the car's gas pedal to use it?
  5. Possibilities - how much stuff one can make from fibre: sweaters, mittens, hats, willie warmers to name a few
  6. Relaxing - wheather I'm spinning or knitting it, it's relaxing
  7. Conversation - well, I havent really experienced this much, but apparently others have started conversations over their knitting
  8. Socializing - I found some good friends, online and in person, from my knitting/spinning adventures
  9. Gifts - making stuff out of fibre makes getting gifts easier, esp if you start off early enough
  10. Selfish - I love making stuff for myself. I know exactly what I want, in what color and what style :P

No comments: