Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ravelympics 2008.


Yes, yes, it's actually Ravelympics 2008. I've entered myself into the frenzy of the knitting scheme of knitting something, as sort of friendly competition, with the heavy dose of Olympic theme thrown in.

Here's a quote from Ravelry.com web page about it:

"The Ravelympics (not to be confused with the Knitting Olympics, which take place every four years, just like any other Olympic sport, and will be orchestrated by the Yarn Harlot) are open to any knitter or crocheter on Ravelry ready to take on the challenge of completing a project (or projects) within 17 days during the 2008 Summer Olympics."

It is most exciting, for me at least, t
o have a challenge like this, with a dead line. Otherwise, it will take me forever to finish something simple (I tend to have multiple projects going on at one time and tend to have a short attention span for any one project).

If it wasn't for the county fair, I probably wouldn't finish some things in less than a year.

Ok. Back to the Olympic based topic.

Some of the catagories include (oh screw it, I'm posting everything):
  • Afghan Marathon
  • Amigurumi-n-Toys Toss
  • Baby Dressage
  • Bag-n-Tote Backstroke
  • Balance Beads
  • Cable Steeplechase
  • Colorwork Cross-Country
  • Cowl Jump
  • Designers Discus
  • Fantasy DecKnitathalon
  • Felted Freestyle
  • Free-For-All Freestyle
  • Fleece to Finished Fencing
  • Glove Decathlon
  • Gift Knits Pentathlon
  • Hand-Dyed Hurdles
  • Handspun Heptathalon
  • Hat Dash
  • Holiday Handbal
  • Home-Stuff Hammerthrow
  • Itsy Bitsy Bikini Breaststroke
  • Laceweight Long Jump
  • Mitten Medley
  • Pets Pommel Horse
  • Scarf Stroke
  • Shawl Relay
  • Sock Put
  • Sweater Sprint
  • Synchronized Flirty Skirts
  • Vest Vault
  • WIPs Wrestling
Personally, I've entered *starts counting on her fingers* 9 projects.

ALL hats.

I'm planning on showing the hats as I finish them (both here on my blog and on Ravelry). A couple of them I've done before:

Glove Hat



Cookie Monster Hat


Tychus Hat



And some were chosen b/c I thought them funny:
Bataclava


Brain Monster



Please note the pictures that dont showcase my lovely face, are from their respected pattern web pages. The names above the pictures should link you through to their respected web pages.

If not, here are the web addresses (I used TinyURL to condense the long web addresses):
Tychus: http://tinyurl.com/8bfgk
Bataclava: http://tinyurl.com/5nd548
Brain Monster: http://tinyurl.com/3cu446

I really like the different "event" names and their variance/combination. I'm itching to get started on any one of them. My strategy is doing the easiest first and getting them out of the way.

No comments: