Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Winning Left and Right!

OK. August is when my local county has it's Ag. Fair and any county resident can enter stuff to try and win ribbons (and nominal amounts of $ - first place usually garners somewhere around $3-$5, well, the knitting & crocheting categories at least).

This year I've entered about 6 pieces into the county fair and all have won ribbons.

I made these pair of fingerless mittens in like a couple of days. I was highly impressed with my speedy efficiency.
DSCF0028

I was so relieved when this scarf was finished! It seemed that it took FOREVER to finish but I was happy with the end result. I unraveled the edges for fringe and was tickled pink (ha ha) to see how well the fringe held up (and actually TWISTED) after a cycle in the washer and dryer. I don't have a pic with the fringe (finished the scarf just in time for the county fair) but these other photos give a good idea.
DSCF0009

Scarf 2

DSCF0003

Crocheted Octopus. 100% wool - dyed with kool-aid. 'Nuf said.
DSCF0005

This is a had that I saw in the movie "Golden Compass" (the books are 1,000,000 better than the movie version - granted movies can not capture 100% of the book version, but you can get the essence of it and still maintain a reasonable stream of logic). But I liked the hat.
DSCF0017

Cookie Monster Hat. I think this won 2nd place to a hat that had more color. Meh.
Cookie Monster Hat

Last but not least, my glove hat. With this one b/c i had so many hats going into the county fair, I needed something to qualify it to go into another category. So, it's a had and fingerless glove set.
l_6bb7c7c7c8907a6849eaebd2ec688207

DSCF0006


They all won ribbons (the pink scarf got first) and I'm glad that I have another year to make more stuff.

1 comment:

Heather said...

congrats you knitting machine you!!! Very cool stuff!