Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Selling Stuff!

Ok. I've known about Etsy for some time and have been wanting to put some knitted stuff on there.

A few people have brought up that I should sell my stuff, but not in a way that inspired me to do nothing but burn all my knitting needles, yarn, and everything I have knitted or crocheted. (Some suggestions were like doing craft shows and commissions at local boutiques - all were valid ideas, I dont want to mass produce tedious, unfulfilling items just to make my time & effort worth while at craft shows, boutiques or other such places). For me knitting has become a fulfilling hobby and will only knit things that I have an urge to knit (I'm not really into commission knitting - will do it, but it'll have to pattern specific, nothing made on the fly).

With Etsy, I can knit things on my own time, and sell them w/o investing a whole lot of time (like at a booth at a craft fair - granted its a good way to network).

2 comments:

Heather said...

so do you have stuff up yet? *poing poing* YEAH!!!

Sankari W. said...

can't wait to see your etsy store!!! let me know when its up!