Saturday, December 6, 2008

Productive Evening

So, last night was my first encounter of what is known as a Cuddle Party.

I wasn't sure of what to expect. I sort of knew what I was getting into, but had a feeling I would enjoy myself. I would say it was a successful evening all in all.

I was surprised at the size of the group - around 8 people including myself - I was expecting (well more like hoping) more. But it was a Friday evening to boot.

What was also nice (was sort of happy the group was small - might have been a little over whelmed if it was larger) was there were rules to follow. Kind of setting boundaries of what was acceptable, etc. Made the event feel more legit (something more than a free-for-all, chaotic clothed orgy - not that it ever was nor would have progressed/allowed to get to that point). It was about the comfort of the attending people (to what extent they participated), being able to use the space to open communication, being able to change your mind about things, helping in setting boundaries, etc. (To what extent is up to the individual).

I liked the notion that you don't have to cuddle everyone at the entire event (or anyone for that matter). Comforting I thought. You could just kick back and relax by yourself if you wanted to.

It was definitely a neat experience. And something I would invite people to experience for themselves.

No comments: