Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Boy and His Frog....

I was listening to public radio earlier this afternoon, and low and behold, one of their programs had a segment about Jim Henson! (Good thing I wasn't driving at the moment).

They were highlighting a installment from the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition that was all about Jim Henson's career and memorabilia. Its a traveling exhibition called Jim Henson's Fantastic World. I am a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE Muppet/Jim Henson fan (heck I even made a Cookie Monster Hat!). It's actually a touring exhibition, which is just as neat.

What makes it a little more unique, at least for me, is that it's in one of the neater museums here in DC. It's underground! YES! Underground. I've only been there once before when friends were visiting, but it's pretty impressive that you go underground to this particular museum. Here is a picture of the entrance to the place. I think I saw one of Liberace's pianos there. It's not a noticeable building entrance, at least not to me. Something, I think, most tourists would pass on by (unless they're there specifically for one of the exhibits).

I'm SO excited about seeing this exhibit.


So here's a little something to go out on:

No comments: