Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Odd City Names

This fasicnation started on my way out to college, of noting odd city names (well, not writing them down but just mentally noting).

Granted I dont remember any from our long 17 hr trip, but I do remember some, more local names.

Pennsylvania has some unique names, Intercourse, Blueball, and Bird in Hand (I've been to Intercourse and it's not half bad - lovely town).

There are some just as unusual names out there too. I found some sites that list the names. One is one with only national city names, while the other is an international one. (I did come across a page of city names worked into a crossword puzzle).


Granted, I live in Maryland, and I thought I would have heard of the unusual city names from the state I live in. Here is the list: Accident, Boring, Cockeysville (proncounced Cock-eyes-ville, granted I've heard of this but didnt give it a second thought), Flinstone, Secretary, and Unicorn.

Well, that's enough rambling for this posting. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Heather said...

dems some good ones! heeheh