Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Coffee in the Morning, Coffee in the Evening.

Cup of Joe
(excerpt)

I wanna be your cup of joe
The first sip in the mornin'
Your get-you-going ritual
And warm your soul from within
Let me be your cup of joe
That first sip in the mornin'
Baby, take me as I am
And through your veins I'll be flowin'

~Daniel Ho & Lydia Miyashiro
So.

I like my coffee. I like to drinking in a mug or a travel handy paper cup (granted more biodegradable than your plastic one, but for sure not one of those reusable kinds).

I use to drink Starbucks, but not any more. Their coffee started tasting a bit burnt to me. I make my own coffee when I can, but if I'm forced to go out and buy it, I will frequent the coffee shop just down the street from me, when it's open (closes half the week at 3pm and the remainder at 5pm, understandable for a non-chain coffee shop), or McDonald's or Dunkin' Doughnuts (depending on my mood).

Yes, I said McDonalds or Dunkin Doughnuts. Their coffee beats Starbucks and your 7-11, at least according to my taste buds. But I do prefer frequenting the smaller chains/mom & pop coffee shops.

I really like this instant organic coffee called Mt Hagen Coffee. Really good with Stevia (an alternative to sugar and sure beats ingesting what ever Sweet'n'Low or Equal is made of).

I have been wanting to check out this other coffee shop just a bit further (well, a bit more of a drive actually). I think I'll do that tomorrow.

No comments: